With so many weight-loss diets available around, it can be difficult to remain focused and determine which plans will work for you and this is where an Ayurvedic diet comes in handy. The ancient Indian science of healing, Ayurveda, has developed over time and is now integrated with other health practices including Yoga.
Ayurvedic medicine, according to some scholars, can help predict a person’s risk of developing health problems, as well as delay the onset of symptoms and slow disease progression. It also helps people lose weight and hold it off if they follow the recommendations without going on fad diets.
Ayurveda is thought to focus on finding and treating the problem’s root cause, allowing for a long-term solution. So, if you’re trying to lose weight, these Ayurvedic tips will help you slim down naturally without resorting to drastic weight loss methods. Ayurvedic hospitals in Kerala have got the best treatments as well.
Here are a few Ayurvedic weight-loss tips that can help you lose weight naturally, without going through the hardships of extreme diets.
1. Starting your day with a full glass of warm water with organic lemon helps in revitalizing your entire digestive system and gives you a new lease on life.
2. A regular morning exercise routine is always recommended for safe weight loss. 45 to 60 minutes is optimal, but even 30 minutes will do. Always remember to follow something you could continue for some time at least.
3. In the morning set aside five to ten minutes or more for peace and relaxation. Yoga and meditation are examples of mind-body activities that gives relaxation to your body. This aids in reducing stress, which is one of the leading causes of weight gain. It also puts us in a clearer mindset, helping us to make better decisions during the day.
4. Eat three meals a day without snacking in between. Around 7:30 and 9:00 a.m., Eat your breakfast. Lunch, the main meal, should be eaten between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Dinner, the smallest meal, should be eaten between 5:30 and 8:00 p.m this is the ideal time recommended to ensure proper digestion.
5. Eat according to the season, Nature provides us with fruits and fresh vegetables to keep us cool and energized during the long, hot days of summer. Nature provides us with fruit, green leafy plants, and sprouts in the rainy days of spring. Proper intake of seasonal food could do wonders for your body.
6. Savour each of the six flavours. Pleasant, sour, salty, pungent, bitter, and astringent are the six tastes recognized by Ayurveda. Make it a point to include all six tastes in your regular diet. Sweet, sour, and salty tastes are anabolic and require the catabolic, or burning, tastes of pungent, bitter, and astringent to balance them out. Bitter, pungent, and astringent foods, such as leafy greens, spicy chilli peppers, and astringent foods, such as pomegranate seeds, provide balanced counterpoints to the sweet, sour, and salty tastes. Ayurveda treatments in Kerala works on similar and effective principles.
7. After each meal, a light walk is always considered as good. It helps with digestion. The most important thing to do after lunch is to go for a stroll, preferably for 10 to 20 minutes at a moderate pace. If necessary, lie down on your left side after a 10-minute walk to improve digestion. In Ayurveda centres in Kerala, they incorporate such activities for faster results.
8. Wake up with the sun. The screens we watch late at night stimulate our brains, keeping us awake and wired even though our bodies instinctively wish to sleep. Limiting your screen time two hours before bedtime is very important. Getting seven to nine hours of sleep each night allows the body to reset for the next day and helps to maintain healthy cortisol levels (a stress-response hormone that causes weight gain).
These eight steps have the potential to make a significant difference in your life. However, the result comes with consistency only. Ensure that you find out what’s best for you. It’s fine to take baby steps at first. You’ll get better at it with practice.
Slowly but steadily, Ayurveda’s wisdom will guide you towards a stress-free & balanced weight loss